1. Eat a variety of foods from all food groups, being sure to include all nutrients.
2. Consume adequate calories for your lifestyle to prevent your body from using amino acids for fuel.
3. Moderately consume nuts and seeds to maintain a low-fat diet.
4. Select whole grains whenever possible to increase fibre and iron content.
5. Include a vitamin C source at every meal to aid iron absorption.
6. If a strict vegan you may need additional vitamin B12 (for strict vegans).
Here are some nutrients that are commonly lacking in vegetarian diest that are not well balanced.…